Saturday, April 22, 2017
SportZone: 3907 SW Burlingame, Topeka, KS 66609.Click here for directions.
The schedule will be posted online approximately four days prior to the tournament.
- Competition will be co-ed: All teams must have an equal number of men (3) and women (3) on the court at all times. Teams must lineup in alternating fashion.
- All teams must check in before their first game of the day. At check-in, teams must submit their final 10 person roster for Dodgeball.
- NADA Rules apply, except as modified herein.
- During both Pool Play and Tournament Play, Teams will play a best of three format, switching sides between each game.
- The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players by getting them “out”. This may be done by: Hitting an opposing player with a LIVE thrown ball below the shoulders, OR catching a LIVE ball thrown by your own opponent before it touches the ground.
- A LIVE ball: a ball that has been thrown and has not touched anything, including the floor/ground, another ball, another player, official or other item outside of the playing field (wall. Ceiling, etc.)
- Re-Entry: When a team catches a ball, that team will be able to have a player re-enter the game. If a female catches the ball then the first female player that was knocked out will be able to resume playing. If a male catches the ball, the first male player that was knocked out will be able to resume playing. (Players will re-enter the game in the order they were knocked out according to their gender.) Players that are re-entering the game must do so from the back line.
- During a game, players may only leave the boundaries through their end line to retrieve stray balls. They must also return through their end lines.
- There is a 5 minute time limit for each game. If neither team has been eliminated at the end of regulation time, the team with the greater number of players will be declared the winner. If an equal number of players remain after regulation a sudden death overtime will occur.
- Sudden Death Overtime – Will begin with an equal number of balls for each team in hand on the end line. Each team will have one player that will participate in overtime. First team to eliminate the opposing player will be the winner.
- In order to reduce stalling, a violation will be called if a team in the lead controls all six balls on their side of the court for more than five seconds. This also applies to teams in a tie situation.
- All teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games.
- Game balls will be provided, please bring your own warm-up balls.
- Each team is allowed (1) 30 second time out per game.
- Substitutions will be allowed during time outs or for an injury.
- Tie Breakers: Head to Head; total number of players eliminated (for the winning team only) from each game in pool play, team with the largest sum of total eliminated players will advance.
- Champions Banner awarded to the first place team.